What types of personal data do we collect?
Personal data is considered as any information that can be related to an identifiable individual. Depending on your interaction with us and the depth of that interaction, the types of personal data that we may collect include:
- Personal particulars (e.g. full name, mailing address, date-of-birth, place of work, etc.)
- Participation and donation history with Halogen Foundation
- Feedback and survey responses
- Photographs, videos, and other AV data collected
How is this personal data collected?
Halogen Foundation runs a number of programmes and events that involve students, teachers, volunteers, guests, and facilitators. At these programmes and events, we collect personal data for us to better serve both the cause as well as our supporters like yourself. The methods we currently employ to collect this data include:
- Programme or event application forms submitted online or offline
- Job application forms
- Donations made for tax deductible receipts
- Both face-to-face and electronic (e.g. email, social media, website) interactions
- From third-party youth development stakeholders, such as schools, social service agencies, and government agencies
How do we use your personal data?
As a youth development organisation primarily using the medium of educational programmes and inspirational events to serve our mission, your personal data is only used for a relevant offering that serves a need you may have; or a need that you as an important partner in youth development may be able to contribute to. There are three different perspectives we take when considering how we use your personal data:
For our Programmes and Events
- To accurately deliver the programme to the right person, after identification is done
- To customise the programme or event offering to better suit the audience makeup
- To measure the pre-programme and post-programme impact made through a quantified evaluation process
- To improve our education offerings
For our Fundraising
- To reach out to you with donation appeals that are specialised according to what you would consider optimal for your giving
- To continue sharing with you the impact that your gift has made in the youth development space
For our Marketing
- To publicise and share programme opportunities, both paid and sponsored, with the relevant audience
- To report testimonials and results in a legally-required Annual Report, with consideration for visuals and aesthetics
- To share post-programme photographs with the audience and our supporters
How do we share your personal data?
Halogen Foundation keeps all personal data private and only discloses your data on a strictly ‘need-to-know’ basis. We work with partners who may at times require access to certain types of personal data in order for us to better serve you or the cause of youth development.
- We share programme impact data with schools and educators who will be able to carry on the learning through the recorded data
- We share programme photographs and videos on social media platforms, allowing the public to access this media
- We share personal data as required by government or law enforcement agencies when compelled to
We do not sell or lease your personal data to any party, and your personal data does not leave Singapore.
If you need to learn more about our personal data protection policy, you may view the full document HERE, or contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
Halogen Foundation Singapore
336 Smith Street, New Bridge Centre
#07-303, Singapore 050336
+65 6509 6700