As a youth development charity, we are committed to ensuring that young people – who are the future of our communities – are ready to face the challenges in the life ahead of them. To do so, we position ourselves as an outcome-driven organisation with a carefully curated set of activities that allow us to achieve our desired end result.
- Facilitated character development programmes in leadership and entrepreneurship
- Mentorship workshops and programmes that match youths with adult volunteers
- Award for spotlighting and developing high-potential leaders
- Community building events for youth to interact and co-create social impact initiatives
- Internships for on-the-job leadership and character development
Building Youths in
- Character-defining attributes
- Mindset-building attributes
- Skills proficiency attributes
Youths are able to
Lead themselves well
Lead others well
Lead change well
EDUCATORS/ YOUTH INFLUENCERS
For Educators/ Youth Influencers
- Facilitated train-the-trainer programmes in delivering leadership and entrepreneurship workshops to youth
- Community building events for educators to network and learn from analogous private sector examples of development
- Consulting Educators/Youth Influencers in organisation development for youth
Educators/ Youth Influencers gain
- Skills in developing the youth they interact with
- Resources to continue building their youth
- Networks with supporters and advocates of youth development
Educators/ Youth Influencers are
- Better equipped to support youth in readying themselves
- Able to lead their organisations to provide institutionalised support for youth development
To future-proof a generation of young people and enable them to thrive in whichever environment they are placed in.
*Educators and Youth Influencers are defined by us as adults who are invested in youth development and influence young people, such as teachers, parents, youth workers, coaches, and mentors.
Why is Impact Measurement Important?
Our aspiration to develop a generation of young people begins with transforming them one at a time. For this to happen at both the individual and systemic level, it requires a means to measure and track the impact made.
We are committed to impact measurement through:
- Curating measurement metrics for a robust framework
- Tracking development and growth through a youth’s journey
- Gaining insight into the success stories we have catalysed
- Reiterating on what is necessary for youth development in an ever-evolving landscape
At Halogen, we recognise that success is founded on developing sustainable collaborations with like-minded partners. Just as we are all interdependent in an ecosystem, we believe in connecting partners across different sectors together for a common goal, providing all-rounded support to youth from poor and needy families.
By being a catalyst in bringing the people, private and public sector together, we hope various partners can contribute to the youth development goals in their respective areas of expertise and bring incremental value to the programme support offered to the youth. Our success is only made possible because of the collective investment from the members of this ecosystem.