Join us as a Training & Development Executive!
Are you looking for a fulfilling job that provides opportunities for you to make a real difference to the community and youth through meaningful work? Are you looking for a place of work that promotes a culture of growth and development, while having fun? We are looking for Training & Development Executive to join our growing full-time team.
Halogen Foundation aims to inspire and influence a generation of young people to lead themselves and others well, and we take that mission seriously with our staff as well. Being a youth development organisation, we work with the youthful vibrancy of our stakeholders and students, ensuring that while we do the social good of building young leaders and entrepreneurs, we also do the personal good of building a staff team that is enabled to do their best work.
As a Training & Development Executive, you will be responsible for the ground work that we pursue to make real impact through character education programmes. You will play an integral role in building the training capabilities and community of facilitators in our organisation, ensuring strong and robust execution of programmes for internal and external development. You will report to the Volunteer Manager.
- Directly lead training workshops in schools and in Halogen training facilities, for the youth that we serve as well as developing and training Halogen facilitators
- Ensure a high standard of training quality and delivery from the facilitators and staff that we deploy to deliver these workshops
- Maintaining all environmental and peripheral factors that affect a training programme, carrying out the preparation of materials and personnel to an excellent standard
- Working closely with other departments in the Academy function to organise, plan, and deploy the appropriate and suitable calibre of facilitators for each programme
- Recruiting facilitators and volunteers who have an interest in youth development and leadership growth to form a community of high-performance trainers
A typical week at work involves
- Executing training workshops in schools around Singapore
- Managing a tight-knit community of volunteers and facilitators
- Developing and up-skilling our interns, trainers, and facilitators to be top-of-class youth development practitioners
- Preparing materials for training workshops, such as slide decks and videos
- Conceptualising, creating, and contextualising workshop content for personalised consumption by specific demographics of audiences
- Reaching out to potential interns and facilitators who might be interested in youth development
What You’ll Achieve
By the end of your first month,
- You would have a good understanding of the ins-and-outs of the charity organisation, social service sector, and the training & development programmes that we deliver
- You would have established a basic understanding and relationship with staff team members and their respective job scopes and roles
- You would have a clear view on what you would like to achieve for the organisation in the short- and long-term
By the end of your sixth month,
- You would be one of the key trainers able to lead all of Halogen’s training programmes to a high degree of expertise
- You would have a clear game plan for community development and outreach, with a strategy towards the recruitment and personal growth of volunteers and facilitators
- You would have built strong foundations for cross-department collaboration, learning the working styles of each staff member in the Academy function and having them know yours
By the end of your first year,
- You would be the in-house expert on all things related to training & development, character education pedagogy, and youth development
- You would be a role model in the youth development space, setting a good example to all youths everywhere for how they can be an excellent practitioner in this area
- You would have helped the organisation gain stronger internal and external branding as a youth development hub – internal with our interns, facilitators, and volunteers; external with potential facilitators and volunteers, school teachers, and corporate funders
What You’ll Get
- A competitive package that includes healthcare, welfare, insurance, and travel allowance
- Annual leave of 14 days, and utility of WFH, flexi-work, and telecommuting schemes
- You will have the opportunity to make a substantial impact on the youth development scene in the region
- You will take a front-and-center approach in using experiential character education programmes to develop the next generation
- You will interface regularly with the CEO, COO, and other managers as you work with each department on their day-to-day
- There will be regular 1:1 sessions that explore your work, discuss your future options, and open up new opportunities for your career and development
- You will have a chance to explore other competencies such as training & development, event management, and impact measurement
- A keen interest in developing, conceptualising, and executing training workshops
- Track record of involvement in youth work, as a student or otherwise• Experience in training & development, facilitation, or coaching is a plus
- Engaging personality, able to captivate young audiences through conversation, storytelling, and reflection facilitation
- Enjoy a fast-paced working and learning environment
- Meticulous and detail-oriented in work
- Calm and stable personality, able to handle stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills across various levels of stakeholders
How To Apply
- Submit your resume and form responses below.
- If you were referred by a staff or board member of Halogen Foundation, please leave their name in your application.