Join us as a Communications & Marketing Executive!
Are you looking for a fulfilling job that provides opportunities for you to make a real difference to the community and youth through meaningful work? Are you looking for a place of work that promotes a culture of growth and development, while having fun? We are looking for Communications & Marketing Executive to join our growing full-time team.
Halogen Foundation aims to inspire and influence a generation of young people to lead themselves and others well, and we take that mission seriously with our staff as well. Being a youth development organisation, we work with the youthful vibrancy of our stakeholders and students, ensuring that while we do the social good of building young leaders and entrepreneurs, we also do the personal good of building a staff team that is enabled to do their best work.
As a Communications & Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for producing content that will enhance our marketing efforts. You will play an integral role in building our social media community, while ensuring strong brand recognition for the organisation through different digital tools in your marketing arsenal. You will report to the Communications & Marketing Manager.
- Deliver on key results that will support the organisation in branding, visual identity, marketing, and corporate communications
- Plan and execute integrated communications and marketing campaigns to drive awareness and conversion to Halogen Foundation’s programmes and events
- Develop compelling content (including writing and designing social media content, EDMs, impact stories/case studies, programme collaterals, web content, speeches and videos) to promote our suite of programmes and events
- Manage our digital and social media platforms independently
- Execute the organisation’s digital marketing and content marketing strategy as well as tactical marketing plans for each of our product and programme lines
A typical week at work involves
- Discussing and determining the marketing plan for different programmes and projects with internal clients and stakeholders from other departments
- Producing marketing content for online and offline channels primarily through copywriting, while supporting on visual design and video-editing
- Rolling out and monitoring the performance of all our social media advertisements.
- Monitoring and responding to comments and tags on Halogen’s social media handles
- Keeping abreast on latest social media/ digital marketing trends and suggesting tweaks and experiments for better ROI for our advertisements
- Reviewing content from different teams to ensure brand consistency
- Implementing and adhering to the communications strategy of the organisation
What You’ll Achieve
By the end of your first month,
- You would have a good understanding of the ins-and-outs of the charity organisation, social service sector, and the marketing activities that we perform
- You would have established a basic understanding and relationship with staff team members and their respective job scopes and roles
- You would have a clear view on what you would like to achieve for the organisation in the short- and long-term
By the end of your sixth month,
- You would have contributed significantly to the marketing inputs and outputs of the organisation, and the collateral development that involves public communications
- You would have actively deployed and adhered to a set of communications guidelines and best practices pertaining to digital marketing and content marketing
- You would be well-acquainted with the tone of voice and writing style of the organisation and be able to adapt it to suit different audience groups
By the end of your first year,
- You would be the in-house expert on all things related to social media and digital marketing
- You would have achieved an increased reach, engagement, and brand presence for Halogen Foundation
- You would have helped the organisation gain stronger internal and external branding as a youth development hub – internal with our interns, facilitators, and volunteers; external with potential volunteers, school teachers, corporate funders and our social media followers
What You’ll Get
- A competitive package that includes healthcare, welfare, insurance, and travel allowances
- Annual leave of 14 days, and utility of WFH, flexi-work, and telecommuting schemes
- You will have the opportunity to make a substantial impact on the youth development scene in the region
- You will continuously develop your communications and marketing skill sets that will enable you to positively influence the next generation
- You will interface regularly with the CEO, COO, and other managers as you work with each department on their day-to-day
- There will be regular 1:1 sessions that explore your work, discuss your future options, and open up new opportunities for your career and development
- You will have a chance to explore other competencies such as training & development, event management, and fundraising
- 1-3 years of experience in a digital marketing/marketing communications role
- Enjoys copywriting and content generation
- Experience in using online platforms Mailchimp and WordPress, and in the digital marketing platforms offered by Facebook and Google
- (Bonus) Certification with Facebook Blueprint, Google Ads, and/or HubSpot Inbound
- (Bonus) Experience using an Adobe Creative Cloud
- Enjoy a fast-paced working and learning environment
- Meticulous and detail-oriented in work
- Calm and stable personality, able to handle stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills across various levels of stakeholders
How To Apply
- Submit your resume and form responses below.
- If you were referred by a staff or board member of Halogen Foundation, please leave their name in your application.