Chief Experience Officer
Join us as an Academy Executive!
Are you looking for a fulfilling job that provides opportunities for you to make a real difference to the community and youth through meaningful work? Are you looking for a place of work that promotes a culture of growth and development, while having fun? We are looking for an Academy Executive to join our growing full-time team.
Halogen Foundation aims to inspire and influence a generation of young people to lead themselves and others well, and we take that mission seriously with our staff as well. Being a youth development organisation, we work with the youthful vibrancy of our stakeholders and students, ensuring that while we do the social good of building young leaders and entrepreneurs, we also do the personal good of building a staff team that is enabled to do their best work.
As an Academy Executive, you will be responsible for the groundwork we pursue to make a real impact through character education programmes. You will play an integral role in managing the key programmes that we run, working alongside community partners and stakeholders, to ensure the strong and robust execution of programmes that helps to promote youth development. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Implement and manage programmes directly, and be involved in the Academy strategy to ensure a higher standard of training quality and delivery that adhere to Halogen’s organisational objectives
- Lead training workshops directly in schools and in Halogen training facilities, for the youth that we serve
- Drive training excellence, specialising in maintaining all environmental and peripheral factors that affect a training programme, including the preparation of materials and personnel to an excellent standard
- Build strong relationships with key programme stakeholders, corporate volunteers and partners, ensuring a quality experience while working with Halogen
- Develop capabilities within the Academy Operations team, to become an in-house expert in programme delivery
A typical week at work involves
- Managing schools and partners that we work with, to ensure we deliver excellent programmes based on agreed expectations
- Executing quality youth development programmes in schools and in organisations around Singapore
- Working alongside teams within Halogen, to build strong relationships with various stakeholders that we work with
- Curating and brainstorming processes to streamline how we run our programmes, while still catering to a wide variety of audiences
What You’ll Achieve
By the end of your first month,
- You would have a good understanding of the ins-and-outs of the charity organisation, social service sector, and the training & development programmes that we deliver
- You would have established a basic understanding and relationship with staff team members and their respective job scopes and roles
- You would have a clear view of what you would like to achieve for the organisation in the short- and long-term
By the end of your sixth month,
- You would be one of the key trainers able to lead all of Halogen’s training programmes to a high degree of expertise
- You would be able to take on the role as a programme in-charge, managing key stakeholders involved in the programme you are working on
- You would have built strong foundations for cross-department collaboration, learning the working styles of each staff member in the Academy function and having them know yours
By the end of your first year,
- You would be the in-house expert on how we deliver excellent programmes to our partners
- You would be a role model in the youth development space, setting a good example to all youths everywhere for how they can be an excellent practitioner in this area
- You would have built strong relationships both within and outside the organisation – helping drive key programmes and playing an instrumental role in our youth development work
What You’ll Get
- A competitive package that includes healthcare, welfare, insurance, and travel allowance
- Annual leave of 14 days, and utility of WFH, flexi-work, and telecommuting schemes
- You will have the opportunity to make a substantial impact on the youth development scene in the region
- You will take a front-and-center approach in using experiential character education programmes to develop the next generation
- You will interface regularly with the CEO, COO, and other managers as you work with each department on their day-to-day
- There will be regular 1:1 sessions that explore your work, discuss your future options, and open up new opportunities for your career and development
- You will have a chance to explore other competencies such as training & development, event management, and impact measurement
- A keen interest in developing, conceptualising, and executing training workshops
- Track record of involvement in youth work, as a student or otherwise
- Experience in training & development, facilitation, or coaching is a plus
- Engaging personality, able to captivate young audiences through conversation, storytelling, and reflection facilitation
- Enjoy a fast-paced working and learning environment
- Meticulous and detail-oriented in work
- Calm and stable personality, able to handle stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills across various levels of stakeholders
How To Apply
- Submit your resume and form responses below.
- If you were referred by a staff or board member of Halogen Foundation, please leave their name in your application.